Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way that McEwan Enterprises Inc. conducts its business. McEwan Enterprises Inc. strives to protect and respect the personal information of its guests and visitors to this website.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. McEwan Enterprises Inc. hereby asserts that personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- Sending periodic emails regarding your inquires, orders and other services
- Sending promotions, newsletters and contests
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed (Insert name of contact person) as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. obtains personal information directly from the individual to whom the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how McEwan Enterprises Inc. uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. McEwan Enterprises Inc. will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. McEwan Enterprises Inc. will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. McEwan Enterprises Inc. maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of McEwan Enterprises Inc. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc.’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
Website Privacy Procedures
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the website or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- The options available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under McEwan Enterprises Inc.’s possession and control.
- How an individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in his/her personal information.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. does not collect personally identifiable information from any individual known to be under the age of thirteen (13).
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This website may contain links to other sites, but McEwan Enterprises Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, McEwan Enterprises Inc. will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, the individual should notify McEwan Enterprises Inc. as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should McEwan Enterprises Inc. deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, McEwan Enterprises Inc. will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- McEwan Enterprises Inc. is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal law, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
38 Karl Fraser Rd,
Toronto, ON M3C0H7
416 444 6262
McEwan Enterprises Inc. will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information. This organization will address concerns to the best of its abilities.